Real estate closing checklist.
The following real estate closing checklist is a guide to help ensure a successful closing.
ITEMS TO BE DELIVERED TO MID-STATE TITLE & ESCROW, INC. PRIOR TO CLOSING:
- Real Estate Sales Contract.
- Any prior title insurance policies (10 years old, or less) for re-issue credit.
- Buyer’s New Lender Information.
- Payoff Information – Existing loan number, social security number, phone number.
- Marital Status – Spouses must join in execution on all closing documents from the contract through the final Deed, even if not on title or the loan.
- Termite Report.
- Home Warranty.
- Homeowner’s Insurance.
- Repair information.
- Power of Attorney – If a Power of Attorney is to be used at closing, Mid-State Title & Escrow, Inc. and the lender must review and approve prior to closing. Your closer must be able to contact the principal of the Power of Attorney on the day of closing.
ITEMS TO BRING TO MID-STATE TITLE & ESCROW, INC. THE DAY OF CLOSING:
- Photo ID – State issued Driver’s license, State issued identification, US Passport, or Military ID.
- Social Security Card.
- Cashiers Check (not an official check) or wire transfer.
Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have questions.
Further information can be found at homeclosing101.org